Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Books and Movies

So I finished reading The Kite Runner. If I were some slacker/movie-reviewer, or writing a snippet for a book jacket, I might call it "gripping and compelling." But I'm not, so let me just tell you it's a great, great story. And I loved it.

Now I'm reading Homicide Special, and while it's interesting while being gripping but maybe not compelling, I'm ready to be done with it and move on to something better. I really want to read Dry and Running With Scissors, both by Augusten Burroughs. Saw the movie RWS, and while most people seem to have been annoyed by it, I liked it. Of course, any movie with a decent soundtrack will always garner at least a B from this guy. Like in High School, I received many a "B" when I probably deserved less. Scratch that last statement, the acting was good, the characters were whacked, and I had a great time watching it.

Last weekend we saw Flags of our Fathers, and that was pretty good too. I read Flyboys recently, and that book was an eye-opener. I'm going to leave it at that.

quick food update: The night I wrote this, we had turkey tacos, and they were the chingon, pelon!! And now I'm working on finishing up the homemade enchiladas. Que bueno.

No comments: