Saturday, July 22, 2006

Sweltering Entertainment

Currently listening to Thom Yorke's latest solo release. So far, so good. Also loaded my new Jimmy Luxury purchase into the CD-RW drive on my computer to listen to whilst I hide from the abominable heat in the near blackness of the office with the ceiling fan on high....and of course my computer doesn't want to recognize the drive (a small problem I've been having for about 3 weeks now).

"No problem," I thought to myself, "I'll take it out and pop it in the DVD-ROM drive"...........except the computer very shrewdly will on no condition actually open a drive that doesn't exist. Duh! So the CD is stuck inside.

This afternoon we rented "King Kong," "Shop Girl," and "Syriana." I'll post some mini-reviews later. Earlier this afternoon, the wife and I tortured ourselves through "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil." Good movie, but waaaaaay too long in a hot, stuffy apartment. We took turns standing directly in front of the fan to cool off, and we both took cold showers immediately after it was over.

Last weekend we watched "Match Point," "Gummo," and "Pride and Prejudice." MP was better than I thought it would be, but certainly not very Allen-esque. Gummo was just weird, and I didn't understand any of it. The imagery and music of a few scenes was really cool, but other than that I was unsatisfied. P & P....you gotta hand it to Eyre, she's a funny girl.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to constantly be this dick, but...wasn't P&P written by Jane Austen? And wasn't Jane Eyre rather the name of a novel by one of the Bronte sisters?

Thought King Kong was interesting, buy waaayyy too long. Should've been like 45 min. less and then it would've been awesome. They gave Jackson too much leeway if you ask me.

How was Syriana? I've been meaning to rent that.

akacontinues said...

Good to see you moving forward my friend.Thom is speaking truths.

Scott said...

use the paperclip method to remove said disk from said drive.

Skiletsrage said...

random - good catch, i don't think it's 'too dick,' and even if it was, i still appreciate it. KK was a little too long, but I still liked it. Syriana was cool in my book.

aka - thom.

l.s. - paperclip method saves lives.