Monday, July 31, 2006

Outage, brah.

Clipstone Street was shut down by the man.
Clipstone Street was pissed, and was out for revenge.
Clipstone Street was gonna show the man....
And then CS couldn't do nuttin' but 'cept the reality that it's hard living independent of the man.

.....Or the DSL was on the fritz. It started acting funny about a month ago. I'd come in to sit down at the computer, and the DSL would be over in the corner sweating bullets and trying to do it's best Robin Williams impersonation (from the good years, aka Mork and Mindy era). I struggled through it; resetting the modem every 8 minutes, continually rebooting the computer, etc. Finally.......just silence.

So it was the modem. Dead at age 2. What a waste. That modem showed so much promise. I had it's room decorated with Ivy League College memorabilia and posters of current sport stars not under grand jury indictments and/or drug/prostitute/DUI/business scandal allegations. And it's dead. Well, out with the old and in with the new.

I've also started putting all my music into iTunes. Not really sure why, just riding this wave of freedom, man. Know what I mean? Also realized I was telling people that I weighed 180 lbs., when in actuality I have crept to 190. To be honest, 190 would be cool if I was thicker, alas I am not. But I'm not dieting, I'm just going to start eating healthier for the health of it. Did that sound dirty?

The new mode is water, water, water, less dairy, less meat, less processed food, more fruit and vegetables, a teeny, tiny bit less alcohol.

No comments: