Thursday, May 25, 2006

Vacation, Day 3 (a few responses)

For now, as I have a tee time I need to get to shortly, I'm going to post a few comments from Tuesday's blog entry, and respond to them.

First, Random said:

"Don't understand. Was the Korean woman just some lady who was playing in ahead of you? Or was she part of your group? And if the former, wtf!? How did she know Viper V's acrimonious nickname? You need to stop being so Krypt'c - who do you think you are, Liquido? Don't you know I depend on Clipstone St. for my daily dose of union bashing and tepid Republicanism, so I demand pellucid clarity."

Dear Random: JV and I were playing with these two Korean women. I think she picked up "JV" from hearing me refer to him that way. I'm not totally sure, but I don't remember him introducing himself as "Hi, I am the JV." Further, I totally agree that I have started to edge into Krypt'c's realm, however innocent and unintended. For that, Liquido, 1 complimentary serving of coffee and cruellers. And finally, while I do condone union bashing, what is up with the fallacious argument style of pinning me as a Republican? And Republicans as tepid? I am just not a Democrat nor a Republican, but if I had to say which party was more tired and in need of some resuscitation, well....let's just leave this one alone for a while.

And from Random again:

"...Saw the SNL skit when it originally aired. Just remember two years from now if Gore is running for Pres. that I was the first on the Machine to mention it when we were having the political debates a few months ago. I'm pretty much pulling for Gore right now, but who knows what will happen in two years. Bush will probably blow the world up - he already categorically shot down direct talks with Iran, and the Iranians clearly want them - so the presidency will be moot. Stupid.

Are Clipstone St. and the Crackpod replacing the Machine?"

Dear Random: I think the Dems are positioned to secure the Presidency (at least GW has done all that any liberal could possibly hope for, and then some), but let's not start positioning why they will be ineffective - and blaming it on the Repubs - before they even get there. As for CS and CP replacing the machine? I think the machine is in hibernation, or some sort of mourning, but it's hard to think that it could actually be replaced. Only time will tell, eh? OR....the owl of minerva spreads her wings at dusk, right? Remember that time that I told you Henry Allison kicked me out of his office hours? That was kewl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't blaming a future failed Dem presidency on the Repubs. Was rather saying that there might not be any future presidency period, as Bush'll probably blow the world up.

Furthermore, I wasn't saying that Repubs are tepid, but rather that you occasionally profess lukewarm (i.e. not hot), thus tepid, Republicanism.

Guess I'm the one who should be more clear so that I don't have to post these follow-ups.

We gotta get everyone on Clipstone St. so he can chill with the Schusters and that wease Paul guy who ratted out me and Mark Schwartz for almost burning down an abandoned house on the corner. And that hot Brazilian chica too. What was her name? Bianca. Bianca Mora I think. She was hot.

Pat and Bob K. too.

Skiletsrage said...

Random - you don't need to be more clear, it is I who needs to be more thorough. Bianca was hot, and so was Tammy, and so was Rosa. Yes, I grew up amongst hotties, and never got anything for it.

Scott said...

ahem...day 4 please?