Sunday, April 02, 2006

Luckily this doesn't happen often


I felt okay this morning when I awoke, but just 'okay' meaning I couldn't tell. After drinking 4 cups of my Fry's Electronics coffee, brewed 'extra strength' this morning, I thought I was feeling fine. I read what I considered interesting out of the LA Times (this morning that took about 25 minutes), had some re-heated oatmeal pancakes, and then headed out to run some errands. And then the caffeine started to wear off.....

First stop: Big 5 Sporting Goods, for yet another sunglass purchase. What is it with me and sunglasses? Then it was over to Samy's Camera for some photo paper, Office Depot for some copy paper, and hopefully to Kmart for some boxers and work socks. All the makings for a kick-ass Sunday. Seriously, almost sounds like a really cool indie film, eh? But, during my first errand, I started to not feel so good. So I hustled through it all, cancelled Kmart, and came back home to hit the couch, watch a little (note: little) TV, and most likely catch a nap.

So I started with an LPGA Tourney on CBS and the men's BellSouth Classic on NBC. The LPGA event featured Michelle Wie, Natalie Gulbis, and Lorena Ochoa fighting for the win going down the stretch, so all the coverage was on these three, and so, it was actually watchable. Somewhere in there I snook (sp?) in a nice, long nap. Even still, upon waking I just didn't feel right. So I threw in a movie, popped down an industrial non-OTC ibuprofen, and at the request of my wife, split a bottle of Bonny Doon's 'Big House Red.'

We watched "Two For The Money," "The Constant Gardener," and now it's time to watch the Sopranos. What a day.....and by the way, I'm magically feeling back to normal. All thanks to our good friends in Big Pharma and the beautiful vineyards of Northern California.

No comments: