Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tuesday's gone

Now the wife is sick, so it was back to the TV, plus we're still trying to work our way through 4 rentals.
  1. Wayne's World - you don't have to think it's funny, but it can't be denied. [this was not a rental by the way]
  2. Broken Flowers - i'm a huge fan of Bill Murray, but he was a little pale in this one. the max i can handle for a subtle, quiet character was his role in Rushmore.
  3. Elizabeth - not to be confused with Elizabethtown. i really liked this dramatic portrayal of the rise to power of a young girl amidst the lunancy that was, and still is (or can be) religion. [not a rental either, it was on IFC]
Reading this book called Blink right now. Not really sure what I think of it. I'm 1/3 through and I feel like asking if we're past the opening remarks. It is fascinating to read about all these psychologists, running around thinking up and performing all these wacky psychological tests and whatnot. Try this one if you're bored.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i too only read 1/3 of this book and it is still on my nightstand. My 'gut" feeling tells me that it is more of the same for the next 2/3 whihc is probably why i haven't gotten to it and may never get back to it. In fact, I had this feeling after the first 10 pages - I should have listened to my inner Blink.

Anonymous said...

don't worry, soon Tuesday will be here again and you can just pretend a week didn't go by without a blog entry. Just pick up where you left off, don't worry, no one will be the wiser.