Saturday, March 25, 2006

Saturday Morning

Sadly, below is the first email in my inbox this morning:

Hows it hanging?
Sad and shrivled or ready to bang?
Even college guys can't get it up *every* time without some help.

Please make it stop. I won't get into whether or not I need [but this kid doesn't] to purchase fake erection-makers over the internet, but I'd really just like to stop receiving emails from these people, and the stock alerts, mortgage lender deals with multiple typos in their ads, etc. Junk email just sucks, can we all agree?

Despite this, I am enjoying some nice whole bean coffee from Fry's Electronics. Picked it up while (unknowingly) purchasing the wrong speed of memory for my computer. When I returned the memory for the correct speeed, they were out of what I needed. So for 2 trips to Burbank, from Los Angeles, I received a $4.99, 1 lb. bag of fresh roasted coffee. They call me a terrific bargain hunter, and they are right.

I don't know if it's the changing of the times, or something else, but the first couple of times I went to Fry's Electronics, I was able to find serious nerd help. These kids knew what they were talking about. Now on 4 or 5 trips to Fry's in Burbank, I have only once been helped by someone who had more knowledge than me. I'm not saying that the store isn't full of knowledgeable employees, not saying that all. It has just been my experience there, on only a few trips, to have my questions answered by some kid who looks to have only last week been a gangbanger. Or maybe that's just the look these days.

What happened?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't help but think these guys are giving props to non college educated folks.

"Even college guys can't get it up *every* time without some help."

I mean, does this mean that if you don't go to college, you will have a better chance of obtaining the desired erection?

Skiletsrage said...

they just might be, although i don't remember being in college and not being able to attain full erection on a moments notice in 2.8 seconds.