Thursday, January 11, 2007

Slacker

Yes, it's true. I've been slacking off again. And I've never felt better. Not really sure how to get back into the groove here, so I'm just going to be reckless.
  • $400 Billion so far for the war in Iraq. Wow, that's a lot of gin and tonics.
  • Can't seem to quite (but will) finish off "Lies, and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them." I like Franken, he makes me laugh, I think he's smart. But the book seems to be 80% partisan complaint that the Republicans are too partisan. Any way you slice it, the read makes me chuckle from time to time, and if I'm having a party and can invite anyone I want, Al is on the list....right behind that other lopsided liberal non-Gore Al.
  • Watched "Rocky" for the first time last night. Still think Rocky III was better. Those scenes with 'T' in the ring, still the contender, pushing the sluggish champ around, taunting him, chiding him with "you ain't so bad." Now that was a good f'in moooovie.
  • Finished "Dry," by Augusten Burroughs. A-
  • Couldn't escape the Deathstarish tractor beam stare of this local Greenpeace worker outside REI, donated $10/month.
  • The tooth that I had capped for who-knows-how-much-was-billed-to-insurance-but-I-paid $600 is now more sensitive to heat, cold, and any kind of pressure. And only because I swore I would blog about it, and then didn't, I'll let you know that I've had lots of dental experiences, and the 3 trips necessary to stick a piece of industrial plastic on my cracked tooth were the worst 3 I can recollect. Getting my root canal felt more pleasant and relaxing. Anyhow, lucky for my dentist she's this hot, Asian mother of 3, so you see why I have to keep going back? You do, right?
  • Belated b-day blast to JV......nice shot, JV!!
  • Currently reading "Magical Thinking," by Augusten Burroughs and will be watching "Rocky II" tomorrow night.
What's on your agenda?

No comments: