Saturday, October 14, 2006

iTunes

It's Saturday night, and the wife is out of town, boogying to the sounds of electric love at her cousin's wedding somewhere down the peninsula from San francisco. And so I'm sitting here savoring the bliss of my devirginization of downloading music from iTunes. On my last birthday, one of the sisters gave me a gift card to iTunes, and I'm just getting around to using it. Within minutes.........I'm addicted, and so I must say - what a great gift.

So far I've downloaded The B-52's first album, The Best of the Talking Heads, and Beck's Mellow Gold. I wish iTunes was free. Or maybe I don't, now that I think about it. I might never leave the computer. And of course I probably don't need to mention that I have downloaded music before, and come to think of it, the process may have swerved wide of any cash transaction, and that never led to any sort of addiction. So, whatever.

In other news, I was in an accident on Thurs. afternoon and the woman who broadsided me is claiming that it wasn't her fault b/c it was her turn to proceed through the four-way stop. When I asked her how it was possible that it was her turn when I arrived perpendicular to her lane of traffic at the same time as the car in front of her, she reiterated that it was her turn to go. Yep, I can smell the cool times ahead, can't you?

Update - just purchased Orlando 'Cachaito' Lopez' phenonemonal album, aptly titled "Cachaito," so now I only have $9.21 left at iTunes. On a brighter note, Steve Jobs can still buy anything in the world that his little heart desires. I heart Steve.

2 comments:

Marin said...

Get the soundtrack from "The Last Kiss". It's great.

Anonymous said...

if you ask me, you got the wrong talking heads album. greatest hits packages are generally crap. that shit's for pussies!

for the heads, get "the name of this band is talking heads". it's two discs of expertly recorded live stuff, spanning the early years of the band, from the first three or four albums, "'77" to "remain in light". their peak if you ask me. the later output when we were in high school in the mid- to late-80's isn't nearly as good.

"yeah, i was into the talking heads before they sold out."