Thursday, August 10, 2006

Scotty's Back

Isn't that a semi-famous black diamond run in Mammoth? I wouldn't know, I haven't skiied for years. At any rate, it seems our most recent, most popular, and with little doubt our most lovable newlywed is back on the scene. I still haven't received my 'thank you' note for the wedding gift, but I suppose it's customary to send that after said gift has been received. Soon, SAB, soon.

Today we had a crazy work meeting in Huntington Beach. Not at the local HoJo or some other related venue, we had it directly on the boardwalk somewhere in between the HB pier and Bolsa Chica. In fact, we had it directly adjacent to Zack's. We had to enroll in two 'mandatory fun' events; I selected the Frisbee toss, and Volleyball. In the Frisbee toss, my two-man team made it to the finals. There were 2 sections. The first was like an egg toss. My partner, who I didn't know, very confidently asked upon meeting me if I could throw a frisbee? I meekly responded "sure." Aparently I should have been asking him. We lost in the final stages when one of his throws went straight into the sand somewhere about halfway to me, kind of like a Bermuda Triangle flight I guess.

Volleyball was pure domination, and 12 people all wanting to talk shit really badly but having no skills to back it up. We ended up borrowing a real volleyball from some 12 year old girls, to replace the peice of shit we were playing with, but the game didn't seem to reflect the upgrade. In the end I was awarded two (2) coolies, which someone told me I was pronouncing wrong as it was actually a "coozie (sp?)." Unfortunately, I don't care if the the rest of the Universe calls it a "coozie," I'm calling it a "coolie." It keeps your beverage cool, not cooz.

2 comments:

Scott said...

i always thought they were called pussies since they typically cover up the tall boy.

sorry, just got done watching larry the cable guy on Comedy Central.

Marin said...

I always called them "cozies" - as is tea cozy, or tape cozy - but I have since been schooled by Escalante. Great.