Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hot Dogs and Beer

In his home opener for the Dodgers, future HOF'er Greg Maddux received a no decision as he was pulled before the Dodgers could take the lead. I will say that he was hit, and the Rockies put themselves in situations to score runs, but that guy is unflappable. His presence is pretty entertaining to watch. He's listed at 6'0 and 180 lbs., and so for professional sports, though certainly not small, he is not big. And still he just doesn't back down from batters. Not that I saw it last night, but I have seen him on TV hit very large men with a pitch (large men holding wood bats that is), and when the missing link of a man gives him the look that makes most pitchers avoid eye contact, he just looks back like "well, I'm right here."

Current World Series prediction:
San Deigo Padres in 6 games

3 comments:

Scott said...

6'0, 180, that sounds like your build as well!!! Ah, what coulda been...

Marin said...

Are you kidding me about the Pad's? Subway Series!! Yanks in 5 games against the Mets.

akacontinues said...

The Fathers will be in it soon...not sure it is this year though. I like the sentiment and it is a sign not all is lost to you.