Saturday, July 15, 2006

Saturday Heat


It's 8:31 a.m. and it's just plain hot in the apartment. But you know my resolve is stronger than steel, and so I'm still enjoying a nice, hot cup of morning coffee.

We've been gone the past 4 or 5 weekends, so I'm now just learning something somewhat dreadful that my neighbors most certainly are already aware of: the construction crew comes on the weekend too. For some reason I thought they only came Monday through Friday; I thought they only tortured everyone next to the development site on the weekdays, and that doesn't affect me as I have to drive off to be tortured by my employer on those days.

The section of Los Angeles that I live in features mostly older apartments, most likely from the 40's. Across the alley behind my apartment building, someone/some company bought 4 apartment buildings all next to each other, tore them down, and is now building something new. Will it be creative and great? Most likely not, and most likely some chic new condos. What a waste.

So right now the bulldozers are going full steam. It's pretty amazing really, I wish I could record it and put up an audio link.





No comments: