Monday, May 08, 2006

My Beef w/ The Draconia


I told you I would get my money back from the Grove parking management, and that they had their chance to make it right, but opted to stick to "policy." I just got back from Big 5 Sporting Goods, on yet another trip to try and find the perfect pair of sunglasses. For me, the perfect pair of sunglasses feels like butter when I slide them onto my face; they just need to feel "right." Next, the PPOS must have really good glass. I like polarized, but rose is quite nice as well, but it's just more about clarity of vision, and you can tell when you put on a pair. Now the final element: a low price. It's this final peice of the pie that makes PPOS so hard to find. If the first two are present, the last is almost never there. And I hate spending money on sunglasses as they just don't seem to stick around long.

But today I found a nice pair of Bolle's. Their not true PPOS, but they're close. I had narrowed my selection from about 6 pairs of sunglasses with the help of an employee, asking her opinion of all sunglasses, even asking her to try on certain pairs and rate them against others. So we finally got down to the runner-up, and what would be my choice for the day. One is a nice fitting, polarized set of New Balance for $29 (reduced from $80), and the pair of Bolle's for $70. I liked the Bolle's more, but not $41 more, and as I was about to settle [note: "settle"] for the New Balance, I asked if the Bolle's were on sale. At this point I was feeling pretty weasel-y as this was the same girl who helped me 3 weeks ago and scolded me for reaching into the case when she left it open. But this is when Karma kicks in. Her response: "They just went on sale. I can give them to you for $29." Bingo!!

I don't care if these glasses cost $1.05 to produce, this was all about buyer experience. I like the glasses, they're obviously not the best, but they'll work. To me, they were probably worth about $50, so the original price tag seemed a bit of a stretch. But at $29, when they weren't even marked as "On Sale," I feel like taking more of my sporting goods purchases to Big 5. Seriously, I'm a loyal customer and I will try to buy more stuff from them in the future based on today's sale.

Now the Grove on the other hand, they're still #1. Numero Uno on my Shit List that is....and I'm still going to write my letter tonight, and I think we'll still see a refund as a result.

3 comments:

Scott said...

damn you're getting hits from all over the pace today - what's the secret? (besides republishing your blog repeatedly for one hour).

Anonymous said...

Is that the Castle? Where's Leets? Is he the clown on the left in black tights?

Anonymous said...

LEEEEETUUUS!!! KING OF THE UNDERWORLD AND RULER OF THE DARK.... aaah, the Castle drawbridge. That pic deserves a frame, eventhough Ted isn't in it--how come he didn't comment on this, Squi? I love those Keystones in particular. Squi, why not blog some ol school castle and dorms stories. That's where the power is.