Saturday, March 18, 2006

Top o' the mornin' to ya!


Welcome back. Last night we celebrated St. Patty's day by putting some green on, eating all things green, drinking Guinness and Murphy's all night, smearing mustard on corned beef and cabbage, and unfortunately not talking enough in an Irish accent. As for the Irish accent, I suspect that the accent is horrible, and in all reality not at all Irish sounding. Sort of like how everyone has the same pirate voice, and I really doubt any real pirates ever sounded like that.

The Varsano's came over with a pot of gold (corned beef, cabbage, onions, carrots, yummy) and a rambunctious 2 year old. I learned that he's not a "baby," but rather a "toddler." This distinction is very important to a man. My whole world is unfolding like a bloomin' onion from Outback Steakhouse now that I have this new info. At any rate, I realized a 2 year old isn't a baby, really. But does he toddle? I'm not sure what that is. Is he a little kid? No, not yet. I still can't tell him creepy things like "if you hold in your farts, you'll get cancer," and watch him slowly back away from me. He just stares back at me like I'm the one who speaks an unintelligible language. At any rate, little V got to jump on the couch, watch Madagascar, take a bath (take a bath?), eat a potato and eat some butter (but eat them separately), play with some cars, smear baby boogers all over my Ipod, kill a plant, and all in all bring many laughs to the party. He did this with a cool efficiency and when he was ready to leave, we were all made aware of that fact. I've never seen a 2 year old gather up his parent's belongings and start pulling all the gear toward the door. Amazing. This kid is going places.

The Mins brought a 12 pack of Guinness. I love you James and Susan. In fact, I love you so much, I might go drink the last one right now.....




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where was my invite? don't believe wha they told you about my toddler philosophy. it wasn't me.?!.

Anonymous said...

Where's Swifty? What about the Sprinkler Boy? I bet li'l Max could take that kid down.

Skiletsrage said...

Max would destroy sprinkler boy, despite the fact that SB must be 25 now.