In my closet, I try to keep all my clothing going the same way on the hangers. And I rotate my six suits evenly. Every morning I select a suit, then a shirt, then a tie, and then the belt/shoe combo. Then I leave for work, bag and coffee in hand.
Every morning I stress a little about red lights, idiot drivers, and other little trivial annoyances. My commute is never any longer or any shorter as a result of these things happening or not happening. Some mornings I might drive a tad faster, make every light, and I think this will make a difference. It might shave 5 minutes off my 35 minute drive.
I do hate stop and go driving, but accepting that, I for some unknown reason enjoy driving to work with my coffee and listening to the radio. My presets (which is what I listen to 99.7% of the time in the morning) go like this:
- 93.1 Jack FM - somewhat new station, no DJ's which can be nice, idiotic station identification, seemlingly random selection of pop music from 80's on up.
- 95.5 KLOS - I can't really listen to Mark and Bryan, not sure why, just can't...
- 106.7 KROQ - Kevin and Bean are not funny. They seem to cow-tow to a group of teenagers.
- 103.1 Indie - Radio stays here mostly. Dickey is pretty good, I like Chuck, and they play more, and definitely better music.
- 101 K-Earth - If you don't like oldies, then you just plain don't get it. Sorry.
- 89.9 NPR - Gotta have it for the least lopsided news. Nic Harcourt at 9 am is the best around for picking good music to play.