Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Gas, Growth, and Damn, G!

From my sister, a site comparing local gas prices...

Global warming is always in the news, but probably not enough. Still, I'm curious why there isn't more talk about population growth?

I think I'm in need of a vacation. Not just a week off to relax at home, or take a trip, but rather a 3 month sabbatical. Off the top of my head, I could use three months at a beach house. Wake up everyday and make some coffee, check out the beach, walk around, sleep, make food, read, listen to music. Just chill the f* out. Know what I mean?

In college I lived in the garage of this house for $190/month:



Now I pay $1650 to live in an aparment in the middle of Concrete Jungle. Again, what the hail happened? Now I've traded the luxury of surfing for traffic. Last Sunday was host to the Los Angeles marathon, so this is obviously an extreme example. But.......it took me 50 minutes to get to my house from the exit off the 10 freeway at La Cienega Blvd. 50 minutes. It's 2 miles.

Sure my room flooded everytime it rained at the beach house. Sure we had no central heat, so in winter it was warmer outside than in my room. Sure I had to live with Lamby. All this, and more, I can accept. Now I've got heat and the water can't soak my bed, but I just might trade it in an instant if only the Allens would let me.

2 comments:

akacontinues said...

don't sell D.M. out. were still holding it down for you.

Skiletsrage said...

i'll be bock.