Monday, March 20, 2006

The Baby Who Would Be King


On a Monday, I'm tired like it's Friday. What the hail happened? I feel like I could use a little R&R; that's Rest and Relaxation. Rest, more in terms of mental rest. Rest from the constant b.s. that is my daily worklife. Relaxation in terms of resting from the constant b.s.

Tonight I was dog-tired when I pulled into my spot at home and it was starting to drizzle. Not sure why, but this just seemed like an ideal time to get into the apartment, disrobe, and just chill. That's when I realized I had 3 movies from Blockbuster that were sitting in my backseat, and to further cement the nagging thought that I needed to put the Civic in reverse: I remembered that we had no water in the house. This is a no-no in Los Angeles. I would rather lick the sweat off a dead possum's balls than drink tap water in LA.

So I did what I do in this situation - Rexall. Found my water......$2.99 for 2.5 gallons! Well, like Tim wisely once noted, 'everyday can't be roses.' Bought my water, and some shampoo, and of course a candy bar b/c the usual Rexall check-out person tomfoolery was in full swing. Really, they should stick desert property vouchers and trips to the moon at the check-out counter. Their most-likely unintended strategy of stranding would-be customers there for mini-eons just might start bringing in some serious cash. It's just a thought....

2 comments:

akacontinues said...

Netflix brah.

Skiletsrage said...

yeah, mrah.