Sunday, February 12, 2006

Shop Until I Drop


An email I received from JV:
"Weekend: Finished the remainder of the Armagnac that Blumin left, partaked in the last of the Garfield red hair, and watched “No Direction Home,” Sciorsece (spelling?) documentary about Dylan. Very Good, I highly recommend all of the above."

Sounds like a pretty good weekend to me. What'd I do? Oh............endless/mindless shopping. What'd we buy? Curtains I think. I'm not really sure because I'm on leave for putting whatever we bought up till next weekend. All I know is that I have re-confirmed that I don't really dig shopping. Ever. I like to know what it is I want to buy, where they sell it, go to that store, locate my targets, find someone who can sell me my goods, and then get out of there. Cruising around just looking at stuff doesn't do it for me. I'd rather be at home making sure I have enough toilet paper stocked in the bathroom, or something of a non-trivial nature like that.

Gina sent me this for when I'm bored and need to act like a 13 year-old.

Just as a follow-up item, this weekend I did not:
  1. wash my car
  2. shine my shoes
  3. buy shoelaces
  4. relax and prepare for the insanity that awaits me on Monday
  5. run a couple of miles
  6. buy a new coffee table (although the marathon search this weekend has at least narrowed it down to a winner, and all we need to do is order that sucker)
  7. buy a new rug

No comments: