Friday, December 30, 2005

Progress Report


I've never really been too big on New Year's Resolutions, and this year isn't looking like things are going to change much. But, for some reason the changing of the year does help to mark a spot. Meaning possibly that though nothing really changes empirically, maybe it's a good opportunity to reflect and make some minor adjustments.

Having said that, here is a quick report on things I've been working on changing this year:

Excercise: C-
-the year up until November was great. Had I continued I was at a B+, maybe even A-. But for the last two months the activity has dropped to zero. I'll have to ratchet that up in 2006.

Job Search: C
-anyone who hasn't heard me say that I was going to get a new job in 2005 wasn't within earshot. But I did get my resume tuned up, so things are moving in the right direction, just at a snail's pace.

Gambling: A-
-all gambling activity has stopped, and that is a huge positive, but there's always room for improvement, hence the minus sign.

Drinking: B
-drinking until the holiday season was lessened to Thursday through Sunday, and I pretty much stuck to that. Noticeable changes were increased energy.

Reading: B+
-starting reading again. I like to read. I am a good reader.

Guitar: F
-although I will pick up my guitar here and there, I have failed miserably at playing this instrument.

Photography: B
-i took hundreds of photos, but more needs to be done in terms of educating myself in the digital world.

Ideas for 2006 include a new job, better physical, mental, and spiritual health, general happiness, and of course, that ineffable something that I just can't quite put my finger on....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

servicing your wife: B+

I would love to give you an A-; however, there was that one time you farted and that was NOT COOL.