Monday, November 28, 2005

Giving My Thanks



Just got back from Tahoe. Temps were in the 20's at the coldest point, so not too bad, but not too warm either. Friday night we went out with my two sisters and their dudes, leaving the kids at home with the grandparents. So we all got pretty good and primed, and just before I let my brother-in-law talk me into a Fatburger with a fried egg inside at 12:30 a.m., I clearly remember a few of the guys swearing that, though the lake was cold (purportedly 40 degrees for about the first few feet with a rapid fall off in temp. thereafter), we were definitely going in tomorrow. "You going in? Yeah? Me too, definitely! I know it's cold, but it can't be that cold. And then we can just haul up to the jacuzzi." Yeah, perfect plan sponsored in part by Tecate, red wine, cold sake, Saporro, Red Bull, Vodka, Gin, cigarettes, and testosterone.

I didn't quite make it into the lake the following day. We had bigger cattle to catch that day my friends. It was my grandma's 80th birthday, so we did what everyone does for that ocassion; we planned a ho-down, a square dance, a party cowboy style.

No comments: