Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Computer Wars

So I've been looking at Macs lately, and I must say, I'm tempted. The 20" iMac looks really, really cool. Of course the MacBook Pros look just as good, but damn! they're expensive.

And so here's the thing that I know is happening: it's glistens so I want it. Do I need it? No. Would it make anything I want to do easier? Maybe, but this maybe is a very complimentary maybe, and I think it's actually negligible.

My PC doesn't really give me any problems. And I've got 2.5 megs of ram, so it runs pretty quick. But I will say that it does have it quirks, like the CD burner that is never recognized by the machine anytime I need to burn something. And I was watching an episode of The Office, downloaded from iTunes, that would freeze anytime I adjusted the volume. Weird, huh?

Anyone actually ever read this blog? Any thoughts?

I will say it's pretty fun to go into an Apple store and have all these Apple freaks act like the difference is night and day. Like one is a cheese sandwich (American slices) on white bread with no condiments and the other is a plate of bluefin ahi seared to perfection with all the Tsingtao's you can drink.

3 comments:

akacontinues said...

let me give you some advice, it all depends on what your purpose is for you machine. My desktop is a P.C. (dell) running on XP. My Laptop G4 Powerbook OSX. Macs are very logical and almost think for you in many ways.PC's don't and i know you've seeen the commercials. someone famous once said "we have a pool, but a pond would be better for you" give me a call i will give you the run down.

Anonymous said...

As I'm writing this from my new shiny black macbook, would have to tell you Macs are better than PC's. Have u ran vista. It's just like roll tacos with processed guac.
It's just not the same. Hold on have to download some itunes to my ipod...Oh wait I need to sync my iphone. U get the picture. Yes i paid big bucks for it. But think of it this way I used to spend a 100 bucks on booze in a night a buy a bag of coke too...it's just money.

Anonymous said...

Allow me to quote:

"Do I need it? No." Would it make anything I want to do easier? Maybe [words words words actually negligible.]

Quoted with love, from your wife, using your new macbook pro. LOL.