Monday, June 12, 2006

Universal Studios

Recently we had a group event for work at Universal Studios. My initial response to this was somewhere in between wanting to call in sick for the event and/or developing a raging case of poison oak in my anus. But for those of you who know me, and have witnessed my reaction to poison oak and other nefarious invaders, I'm sure you realize I wasn't really pulling for the latter.

But Universal Studios?? Come on! I used to go there when I was 10, and shit. I was too cool for U.S. then, and I'm certainly too cool now. But if it's a work day, and I don't have to do any work, then I can be easily persuaded.

We hit the tram ride up first, and I was thoroughly, and I don't want to underemphasize this so excuse the caps, I WAS THOROUGHLY UNIMPRESSED. Don't get me wrong here. If you're not from around here, and you came to L.A. and you want to see some movie and T.V. stuff, then the tram ride is probably pretty cool. I, on the other side of the wagon wheel don't really care. Until the Jaws part of course. Actually, I remember it being pretty cool in 1978, and now it's pretty........lame.

This is a pic of Jaws going by:

But the day started to get interesting when I ran into one of my all-time favorite movie characters.......Beetlejuice. It just doesn't get any better, and if you think it does, you had best go rent Beetlejuice and try that again.


Beetlejuice. Love that guy! So the day wasn't so bad. So what if I thought the highlight would be finding some warm churros from a cart vendor? I didn't even get any churros the whole day! If you can believe that......
Highlight was definitely the "Waterworld" show. Water, jet ski's [how do you really spell the plural of Jet Ski?], fake violence, real clowns, park goers getting doused with water, fiery explosions, poor dialogue. I'm in. I was rooting for the good guys, and I think we won! Not really sure what happened. I do know that I saw the show launch a real Cesna airplane from behind the set and it landed in the water part of the show. I think I was the most stoked person in the audience, or 'they' were holding in their enthusiasm. Bastards.

Yep, this guy is on fire:

More of the fun:

How's this guy get his hair so perfect?

No comments: