Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sports

The Miami Heat won their first NBA Championship, and I'm sure it was much to the lament of LA Laker (Kobe) fans. I liked seeing Dwayne Wade and Udonis Haslem achieve their goal, a bit indifferent about Shaq, and then felt that it was just downright unjust that Gary Payton gets a ring. I just don't like that guy. I loved seeing a pass to him bounce off his shoulder because he was too busy crying to a ref and not paying attention to the game that he happened to be dead smack in the middle of.

Lefty left the US Open Championship on the 18th hole of Winged Foot. I don't really like Lefty either, so I'm happy for Ogilvy. I'm starting to like Phil, a little, but I still think he plays to his image too much. He's got that "ah, shucks" attitude, but I've read that this is just an act and that many on tour are not too fond of him. Additionally, I have a friend that went to High School with him. Same grade even. And about 8 years ago, he saw Phil out at a bar and went up to just say "hello." My friend told me that Phil completely rebuffed him and when my friend told him that they graduated from the same class in High School, Phil's response was something to the tune of "So?," or "What does that mean to me?" Sure, maybe he was having a bad day, and I know I'd never want to be that recognizable [no privacy], but a simple handshake for a fellow alum doesn't seem like to much to ask.

I'm going to the Dodgers/Mariners games tonight. Field level seats and all. First game of the year, and first game in the $20M new stadium seats. So you can bet that my ass is ready! My new health plan has finally launched though, so no Dodger dogs and I'm debating about no beers. No beers!!? We'll see. I almost feel like a traitor saying this, but Dodger dogs just aren't that good. Maybe for the sake of this blog, and Dodger dog's reputation, I have to "sample" just one tonight. I'll post my findings here later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did David "Jocko" Napoli have the same attitude towards you when you saw him in a bar?

Skiletsrage said...

Dave Napoli was rad, pure and simple. Rad.