Saturday, April 15, 2006

My Saturday in Charlotte, NC

We visited both the house and the property my in-law's bought today. I don't think we really covered all that much mileage, but it seems that we've driven all over this state. Their house is about 15 minutes from downtown (which everyone calls "uptown") Charlotte, in a nice, quiet and well-mannered neighborhood. We met the owners of the home as they let us in to check out the new purchase. Very nice couple, been in NC for 23 years, originally from Key West, and though everything about their home and their demeanor was quaint and so-so-so friendly, there was a glass enclosed gun rack in the living room that housed at least 6 rifles and several knives. Nice people though...........just don't piss them off I suppose.

On to Ernest. Ernest is 80. He was born on the property that he is selling to my wife's family. He was a dairy farmer, incessantly has little anecdotes that he relates (and interestingly enough, these stories are actually interesting), had us sit down upon entering his living room to watch a video-taped song which he told us was gospel but more seemed to just be some Christian country music, had several Bibles around the home, and was wearing a red Pfizer cap.

After this, I had my first experience in Wal-Mart. Wow. I'll write more about Wal-Mart later if I feel sufficiently motivated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sure ernest isn't buds with swiftie?