Sunday, March 05, 2006

My Baloney has a first name, it's OSCAR

Quick post-Oscar notes:

1. Did George Clooney try to retaliate for a Jon Stewart joke on how much money everyone in attendance makes by saying that they bring the issues to the forefront? I believe he did. Something like...."we talked about AIDS when it was a whisper, and Civil Rights when no one wanted to talk about it." That really shouldn't be in quotes b/c I'm sure it's misquoted, but correct me if I'm wrong, but the Civil Rights movement seemd to be some 40 years ago. Anyhow, I still like George, but I was disappointed to see that he's just one of the gang and can't get over himself.

2. In Memoriam made no reference to Don Knotts passing. Excuse me for one brief second while I compose myself...................WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! Don Knotts. Say what you want, he's been in films and television longer than most people have been alive.

3. What happened to Brokeback Mountain? Although Best Director has to be one of the bigger awards of the evening, and they were nominated for seemingly every category, they didn't win nothin'. And......the gay jokes were a little tiring. You could see them coming a mile away and then they just weren't that good.

4. Reese Witherspoon had the best acceptance speech. Second runner up was the director from "Tsotsi." I loved that guy's accent.

No comments: