Thursday, March 30, 2006

Entry so good that no title is necessary

I saw "Thank You for Smoking" this past weekend. To me it wasn't so much a good look at the world of lobbying, but rather a satirical peek at bullshit in general. The movie definitely poked fun at the tobacco industry, but also takes subplot shots at alcohol, firearms, politics, Hollywood, education, journalism, and really any and everything. I think....not sure at all here as I haven't read anthing regarding the intended message, but I think it's sort of a "hey, chill out" peice. Certainly, it points out the dangers of dangerous activities, but also takes time to make some fun of the teetotalling other side. What really can we do that is not destructive?
--"All that lives is born to die."
Free coffee and cruellers on me to the first person who can email me where that quote came from.

Speaking of free, I still owe JV 25 push-ups from a weak-ass bet I made regarding Gwen Stefani's age.

Other movies I want to see right now (in no particular order):
  1. Inside Man
  2. V for Vendetta
  3. Meeting People is Easy
  4. No Way Home

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost Famous ?

Anonymous said...

"That's the Way" from Zep III.

You can simply Pay Pal me the money for the coffee and cruellers.

Liquido, what is it about this blog that we constantly check-in with it?

Anonymous said...

that was from a 1980s song methinks...

Skiletsrage said...

random and james - coffee and cruellers on me, just tell me when, and random, sorry....no PayPal. you gotta come west, young man.

Anonymous said...

AR,

This is a question for the ages... I just wish that this guy would update his content on a regular basis. no updates for a day or two and i'm jonessing.

Anonymous said...

I would like to stake a claim on the coffee and cruellers. Call me Mr. Literal, but here you are talking about movies and then you ask where a quote came from. Pretty easy pickens if you just take the song, since that was #1 in a google search.

However, let's make this a two-parter.

Check this link and then please declare me the winner!

http://www.soundtracklyrics.net/a/almost-famous.htm

Skiletsrage said...

Mr. Literal - let's discuss this further over free coffee and cruellers, and not worry about winners and losers. but.... the post offered free C & C to the first person who emailed me the correct response. to date, no one has emailed me, i just see several responses as comments. further, i was looking for the origin, and Almost Famous was really more of a re-broadcast.