Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Better Men Than Me

I have this ritual I do every morning. I keep a book of daily readings or meditations by Tolstoy in my car. And everyday just before I get out of the car to go to work, I read that day's entry. When I park, if the radio is playing something I like, I just lower the volume while I read. Today was "Jammin'," by Bob Marley. Now while I love Marley, this has never really been a favorite of mine. But one of the lyrics just came out the song this morning like a brick and stuck me right between the eyeballs. He sang, and I paraphrase, that 'life is worth more than gold.' For a guy coming off the streets of a country living below the poverty line, that is pretty amazing.

Anywho, I'm having some tea right now. Camomile I think. Honey. Spoon. Hot water. Mmmm, good. A couple of years ago I had this really bad sore throat. Felt like someone had taken a cheese grater to the inside. So I got in the habit of constantly drinking hot water, fresh lemon, and honey. And it was damn good! If I was smart I would forego the tea and just go for the HotLemonHoney concoction. For now, I'm happy that I'm drinking tea. Maybe it's a trick as I am easily duped, but it just makes me feel a little bit better to drink it. Still doesn't taste as good a nice cup of coffee, but as my Uncle Tim once told me, "everyday can't be roses."

Today I really enjoyed the intro to this site. I didin't even enter it as I was afraid I'd spend the next 3 hours thoroughly investigating everything inside. Maybe you think "forbidden doughnut" is funny too?

Lastly, if you click on the above left photo it will get bigger. And when it gets bigger you can make out some of the inscribed names. My favorite is BUBBA. Which is yours?

Oops, one more thing. How do either of you link the new font. I'm experimenting with both fonts and font sizes. Leave a comment letting me know which you like better. Today is Courier, while the last couple of days have been Arial.





3 comments:

akacontinues said...

I prefer my fonts san serif. Unless i'm embossing or just feeling fancy.I think your turning into an old lady....

Anonymous said...

fave brick: Ruggy & Druggy

Jammin': next time you hear that song, replace the title with "pajamas". Over and over, it is funny: "i hope you like pajamas too."

font: prefer smaller arial, but mixing it up every now & then is where it's at!

also: you wrote "either of you"-does that mean only 1 other besides me reads this? I know durty does.

Anonymous said...

for an everyday heavey experience, aside from a breakfast burrito from Angelo's, try this from Oswald Chambers:
http://www.myutmost.org/02/0216.html
I don't see him as having a very good sense of humor, but man if you crave meat...